Add your products to the shopping basket.
Don't know what to use? Find out which products we recommend in your situation.
Foligain anti-gray capsules
- Supports the body's ability to produce melanin pigment.
- Contains catalase. The absence of catalase is thought to initiate a chain reaction resulting in gray hair.
Content: 60 caplets, sufficient for 1 - 2 months, depending on the dosage.
Description Foligain anti-gray capsules
A team of researchers at the University of Bradford in the United Kingdom was able to find out what the exact biological and chemical processes behind the graying process are. The main culprit turned out to be an excess of hydrogen peroxide, a substance produced naturally by hair cells.
Hair cells in people of all ages produce some hydrogen peroxide. In young people, it's quickly broken down into its harmless elements of hydrogen and oxygen by the enzyme catalase. As we get older, the hair cells produce smaller amounts of catalase, and less hydrogen peroxide gets broken down.
When the hydrogen peroxide accumulates, the melanin doesn’t work as well anymore. Melanin is a substance produced by the body that colors your hair, skin and eyes. In the beginning, the hydrogen peroxide takes a bit of color from the hair, making the hair look gray. Over time, when the level of catalase continues to decline and the level of hydrogen peroxide increases, the hair can change from gray to white.
Active ingredients against gray hair
Foligain contains the following ingredients that help against gray hair:
- Catalase: indirectly promotes the production of melanin, which helps to prevent or reverse graying.
- L-Tyrosine: this amino acid is the main material for the production of melanin.
- Barley grass: promotes and enhances the original hair color by preventing the molecular structure in the hair from prematurely aging. Barley grass thickens the hair as well as providing exterior nutrients forming a shield of protection that can force the grey to eliminate itself.
- Fo-ti root: increases the production of melanin, which counteracts the aging process. Hair follicles are also activated to enter the growth phase (faster).
Other ingredients in Foligain that address the causes of gray hair are PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid), folic acid and pantothenic acid (vitamin B5).
Active ingredients that stimulate hair growth
Foligain anti-gray capsules also contain ingredients that make your hair healthier and help prevent hair loss:
- Plant sterols (45% beta-sitosterol): helps to counteract stress hormones that contribute to the aging of the hair. Stress hormones can contribute to the loss of hair as well as premature greying.
- Saw Palmetto: thanks to DHT-inhibiting properties, this ingredient is widely used to treat hereditary hair loss.
- Nettle extract: by stimulating the hair roots this plant extract helps against hair loss. It also helps against greasy scalp and greasy hair.
- Horsetail extract: Helps hold moisture in the hair and keeps hair looking glossy and bright without having the feeling of being saturated with oil. It also promotes strong hair roots and protects against scalp irritation.
The capsules also contain biotin, vitamin B6 and zinc for stronger and healthier hair.
Foligain anti-gray capsules inhibit the process of getting gray, so the speed in which grey hairs occur will be reduced using this supplement. In addition, hairs that are already white / grey can become less 'whitish' or even regain their original color. Restoring color, especially with long-lasting gray hair, is obviously more difficult (and sometimes not possible) than the prevention or braking of graying hair.
The results may differ, because people start getting gray hair at different ages and no hair strands respond to the treatment in the same way or at the same time. Moreover, reducing gray hair is a complicated and lengthy process. First results can be seen after 6 to 9 months. Read more about this in the article "What to do about gray hair?"
Serving size: 2 capsules
Servings per container: 30 capsules
Content per container: 60 capsules
|Ingredient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hcl)||10mg||500%|
|Pantothenic Acid (d-cal. pantothenate)||300mg||3,000%|
|Horse Tail (7% extract)||100mg||*|
|Saw Palmetto (45% extract)||300mg||*|
|Plant Sterols (45% beta-sitosterol)||100mg||*|
|Nettle Root Extract||100mg||*|
|Fo Ti Powder||10mg||*|
|Barley Grass Juice Powder||10mg||*|
* % Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients: HPMC vegetable capsules, Magnesium Stearate, and Silicon Dioxide.
Take 1-2 capsules per day, preferably during or after a meal. Do not use more than the recommended dose.
When combining nutritional supplements, there can be an excess of certain ingredients. This is not a problem with most ingredients, but caution is required with vitamin B6. Because many supplements contain vitamin B6, below you will find our advice on the use of Foligain anti-gray in combination with the other nutritional supplements in our range.
Foligain anti-gray in combination with Foligain or Regenepure hair growth stimulating capsules:
You will get a too high dose of vitamin B6 when you combine Foligain anti-gray with the hair growth stimulating supplements of Foligain or Regenepure. Foligain and Regenepure hair growth capsules already contain the maximum recommended amount of B6 and an excess of this vitamin may have harmful effects.
Since Foligain anti-gray contains several hair growth stimulating ingredients and DHT inhibitors, you could also decide to use Foligain anti-gray and, depending on the degree of hair loss, combine this with a hair growth stimulating lotion.
Foligain anti-gray in combination with Neofollics tablets:
Foligain anti-gray can be combined with the Neofollics capsules, for a wider hair growth stimulating effect. Neofollics capsules contain essential amino acids, minerals and vitamins for healthy hair growth and extra hair growth stimulating ingredients and DHT inhibitors. Advice is then to combine 2 Foligain anti-gray capsules with a maximum of 2 Neofollics capsules.
ATTENTION: Do not exceed recommended dose. Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under the age of 18, and individuals with a known medical condition should consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement. Keep out of the reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place.
This product is manufactured and packaged in a facility which may also process milk, soy, wheat, egg, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and crustacean shellfish.