Add your products to the shopping basket.
Don't know what to use? Find out which products we recommend in your situation.
The hair growth stimulating shampoo by Neofollics Hair Technology is a powerful shampoo that stimulates hair growth and inhibits hair loss. At the same time, it is very effective against dandruff and promotes the growth of thicker and fuller hair.
Neofollics shampoo contains 12 proven active ingredients to combat hair loss in multiple ways:
- 1% Piroctone olamine, also effective against dandruff
- seven powerful plant extracts, including Ecklonia cava and Raspberry ketone
- the hair growth molecules Caffeine and Niacinamide
- Argan oil and Wild mint oil to nourish the scalp and hair
Neofollics shampoo can be ordered together with the Neofollics conditioner as a combination package. The conditioner is developed as a supplement to the Neofollics shampoo to optimize the condition of the hair and scalp.
Content: 250 ml
- Free shipping from € 75 to United States
- Quantity discount
You get a discount on an order with 3 or more products. These does not have to be the same products.
3 products = -3%
4 products = -5%
5 products or more = -7%
Description Neofollics shampoo
The Neofollics hair growth stimulating shampoo is a gentle, high-quality shampoo that contains a wide variety of powerful ingredients that stimulate hair growth and inhibit hair loss. Additionally, the shampoo reduces dandruff, itch and flakes and allows for the growth of thicker and fuller hair.
This shampoo contains 1% Piroctone olamine. Piroctone olamine has a similar effect as Ketoconazole (a common ingredient in hair growth shampoos) and scores even better in some areas. Read more about this in our article The effect of Piroctone olamine and Ketoconazole on hair growth. Besides being effective, the shampoo is free of SLS and other sulfates, silicones and parabens.
Neofollics shampoo contains 7 powerful plant extracts, 3 hair growth molecules and 2 nourishing ingredients. Each active ingredient has been selected based on scientific research to combat hair loss in multiple ways.
Hair growth molecules
- Piroctone olamine ('Octopirox'): has a similar effect as Ketoconazole. It reduces hair loss, stimulates hair growth, allows for the growth of thicker hair and is effective against dandruff. Studies have shown that Piroctone olamine scores better in a number of areas than Ketoconazole, such as thickness of the hairs and the number of hairs in the growth phase.
- Caffeine: stimulates the scalp and is easily absorbed into the skin. Caffeine has long been known as a substance with hair growth stimulating qualities. Recent studies show new hair growth promoting effects of caffeine, such as stimulation of the release of growth factor IGF-1.
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3): works anti-inflammatory. It also improves the circulation in the scalp, making it easier for nutrients to reach the hair and scalp.
The shampoo contains a wide variety of plant extracts that inhibit DHT and stimulate the hair growth process in a natural way:
- Ecklonia cava: a seaweed from the waters of South Korea. Ecklonia cava is a natural alternative to finasteride and minoxidil. It contains a high concentration of the substance Dieckol, which has a DHT lowering effect and a high concentration of Dioxinodehydroeckol, which stimulates hair growth. Read more in our article Ecklonia cava: a natural alternative to finasteride and minoxidil.
- Raspberry ketone: an extract from raspberry. Raspberry ketone can increase the production of IGF-1 (an insulin-like growth factor), which stimulates the growth of the hair follicle. Studies show that a very low concentration of this substance already has a significant effect on hair growth. Read more about Rasberry ketone.
- Carthamus tinctorius: a thistle-like plant. Carthamus tinctorius stimulates hair growth in different ways and suppresses growth factor B-1, a peptide which is associated with hair loss.
- Sanguisorba officinalis: a plant that belongs to the rose family. Sanguisorba officinalis stimulates hair growth by prolonging the growth phase of the hair follicles. It suppresses Fibroblast Growth Factor-5 (FGF-5), a natural protein that plays a role in the (too rapid) transition of the hair from the anagen to the telogen phase.
- Panax ginseng: a plant whose root is also called Chinese/Korean ginseng. Panax Ginseng may promote regrowth of the hair by inhibiting DHT. Additionally, it has an inflammatory effect.
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum): a plant in the Fabaceae family. Fenugreek is used as a spice in Indian and Arabic cuisine, but also has inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties. This is why it is also effective against dandruff.
- EGCG: a polyphenol from Green Tea. EGCG inhibits the process of 5a-reductase. This makes it a natural DHT inhibitor that stimulates hair growth.
- Argan oil: contains vitamin E, omega 3 and 9 fatty acids and antioxidants to nourish the hair and the scalp and to care for and protect it against external influences.
- Wild mint oil: gives a naturally fresh scent to the shampoo and provides a fresh feeling to the scalp. Mint is also known for its soothing effect.
Gentle for hair and scalp
The shampoo has been dermatologically tested and only contains ingredients that are gentle and safe. Therefore, it is free from SLS and other sulfates, silicones and parabens.
Rather than using SLS, Neofollics shampoo contains gentle alternatives, such as Sodium cocoamphoacetate. This ensures an improved condition of the scalp and for the hair to become greasy less easily. The shampoo therefore does not lather as much as shampoos with SLS.
A clinical study shows that the use of the shampoo leads to a decrease in hair loss and thicker hair with more volume. The shampoo has also been dermatologically tested.
- Suitable for all hair types
- For dry hair it is advised to use a conditioner
- Store at room temperature
- Keep out of reach of children
- For adult use only
- Should not be used by pregnant or breast-feeding women
IngredientsAqua, Sodium cocoamphoacetate, Glycerin, Sodium cocoyl glutamate, Lauryl glucoside, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Coco-glucoside, Sodium lauryl glucose carboxylate, Caffeine, Argania spinosa kernel oil, Piroctone olamine, Ecklonia cava extract, Camellia sinensis leaf extract (EGCG), Trigonella foenum graecum seed extract, Panax ginseng root extract, Raspberry ketone, Sanguisorba officinalis root extract, Carthamus tinctorius flower extract, Niacinamide, Mentha arvensis leaf oil, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, Polyquaternium-7, Citric acid, Parfum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tetrasodium glutamate diacetate, Sodium benzoate, Sodium hydroxide, Potassium sorbate, CI 42051
Wash the hair with a small amount of shampoo and rinse it with water to remove the first impurities. Next, take a generous amount of shampoo and massage it into the scalp. Leave the shampoo in to soak for 3 minutes, so that the active ingredients are absorbed well. Then rinse the hair thoroughly.
The shampoo is suitable for daily use. Use it at least 3 times a week for best results.
After a few months, the first effects can be observed. The effect becomes stronger during 6 to 12 months. Keep following this treatment to maintain the results.
The hair and scalp may become a little dryer due to the 1% Piroctone olamine, just like with shampoos containing Ketoconazole. When your hair feels dry, using a conditioner is recommended, preferably Neofollics conditioner. This conditioner also stimulates the hair growth. Neofollics shampoo and Neofollics conditioner can be ordered as a combination package.
Can I switch to Neofollics shampoo just like that?
You can start using Neofollics shampoo immediately.
I notice my hair is becoming dryer. Is this right and what can I do about this?
The ingredient Piroctone olamine in the shampoo may, just like Ketoconazole, dry out the hair and scalp a little. When you experience these symptoms, we advise you to use a conditioner after washing (eg. Neofollics conditioner). You can also decrease the frequency. Remember that the shampoo only works optimally when it is used at least three times a week.
Can I use Neofollics shampoo in combination with another shampoo?
Neofollics shampoo can be used in combination with any other shampoo. When experiencing dry hair, Neofollics shampoo can best be alternated with a nourishing shampoo that does not contain Ketoconazole, such as Regenepure NT or Beaver keratin shampoo. Combining a shampoo with Ketoconazole with Neofollics shampoo might be too strong a combination since Neofollics shampoo contains Piroctone olamine, a substance with a similar effect as Ketoconazole.
The shampoo does not foam as much as I am used to. Is this true?
If you are already used to using a sulfate-free shampoo such as Revita or Regenepure DR, you will know that a good shampoo does not foam as much as a regular shampoo. If you are used to using a regular shampoo from the drugstore, you may notice it doesn't foam as much. This is because a high quality shampoo does not contain any SLS. SLS is a chemical cleaning agent that causes the foaming effect
When using the Neofollics shampoo, it is recommended to first degrease the hair with a small amount of shampoo. Next, you apply a more generous amount of shampoo. You will see that the shampoo is easy to distribute over the scalp and the hair. This is why it's a good thing that the shampoo contains 250 ml, making it possible for you to actually use a generous dosage and still make it last long.
Which products can I combine Neofollics shampoo with?
If your hair loss is at an early stage, using just a shampoo may suffice, preferably in combination with a nutritional supplement.
When your hair loss is at an advanced stage, we recommend using a multiple approach to combat hair loss with shampoo, lotion and a nutritional supplement. In order to adjust the treatments to one another as well as possible when it comes to active ingredients, we recommend combining the products from the Neofollics range. Here is what we recommend at different stages of hair loss.